Pageviews last month

Sunday 18 March 2007

Rain and city ponds


In one of my first blogs I argued that the stereotypes a lot of people have with regard to Britain and especially British weather were untrue. Well, the facts remain, London had more sunny hours than Madrid in 2006 and I still haven't experienced a lot of of rainy miles while cycling through the city.



It does, however, rain in London as it does in any other European city from time to time. So you would expect a reasonable sewage system. The pictures on the top and left prove otherwise.

I have passed this spot (Southwark Street close to Borough Market) regularly and it always looks like this after a shower. There is either a gully that is constantly blocked or there is no fall that would allow the water flow towards it. I mean, this is not a puddle it comes closer to a pond - and it's not the only spot on my way to work. I only cycle 15 minutes btw.

No comments: